Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Lesson Learned....Again!

   As a guide, there are times when you must be very versatile to get clients on fish. Finding the fish is no problem. Getting them to bite is typically the same. There are times though when they just aren't where they should be and or very selective to what they will hit when you do find them. Its in these times that you may have to resort to using....uhhhuumm...live bait.
  I learned this lesson again a couple of weeks ago while on a trip with some long time friends and clients while hunting red fish in the marshes around Galveston, TX. When the fish were found, you had to hit them right in the mouth to get them to commit to eating. I knew that live mullet or shrimp would have done the trick but I was just to convinced that we could do without it. We did manage several nice reds and flounder but the day could have been so much better if I had taken the time to net some bait. Even though they were all happy with the trip, I think I owe these guys another trip to the marsh! I guess the lesson is to not be so proud of your skill as an angler that you fail to give a client the best opportunity to catch fish over something like live bait......
Book your own kayak fishing adventure...HERE!

http://anglersprotackle.com/

My You Tube Channel...

No comments:

Post a Comment